I am looking to recruit a full-time Personal Assistant to work with me in Westminster. The successful candidate will be an efficient administrator, with experience of managing a complex diary. As well as being adept at organising large amounts of detailed information, including briefings, emails and reports, the ideal candidate will also have excellent written English and the ability to draft formal letters to ministers, speeches, and social media posts. You can find further information about the description, deadline, and application on the post listing.
The Personal Assistant will work closely with colleagues in Westminster and in Bristol, so must be willing to learn and work as a team.
This job is specifically designed to carry out administrative functions rather than political tasks.
- Assist in the compilation of briefing packs
- Assist in the updating of social media on request
- Assist in the writing of speeches
- Assist with arrangements for events
- Database management using office software (e.g. Microsoft Office) to handle administrative cases
- Diary Management
- Efficient data and file management to ensure the office complies with the data protection legislation
- Engage professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public, through a variety of methods
- Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries
- Liaise with suppliers when required regarding office supplies and security
- Minute taking
- Open, handle and action email, post and social media enquiries
- Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
- Respond to enquiries by telephone, email and social media, passing on queries to another team members/MP as appropriate
- Responding to constituents’ policy questions, as required
- Carrying out casework, as required
- Maintaining a watching brief on relevant parliamentary processes and committees