- Job Title: Caseworker
- Salary Band: £21,529 – £32,022
- Location: Bristol
- Part-time (15-30 hours per week negotiable), 6 month contract
Deadline: 9am on 12 August, 2021
Thangam Debbonaire wants to recruit a part-time Caseworker to join her constituency team in central Bristol and help them provide an excellent service to Bristol West constituents.
Bristol West is a lively and diverse constituency, comprising the city centre and some of the most deprived and affluent areas in the city. In population terms, Bristol West is one of the biggest constituencies in the country. As a result, the constituency office is often extremely busy with a huge amount of correspondence and individual casework.
The Caseworker, working together with other colleagues, will be the first point of contact for constituents in need of help. The successful candidate will advocate on behalf of constituents with local and national institutions, including the Council, Home Office and other government agencies.
The successful candidate will have sound judgement; good administration skills; an excellent standard of customer service; a willingness to learn and work as a team. Excellent written English and a professional telephone manner are essential. This position will involve attending occasional constituency surgeries and events on weekends – with time off in lieu.
Overall, this is an exciting role for someone who loves Bristol and wants to help people in our city.
We will give preference to candidates with experience in advice-giving agencies and organisations.
This is a part-time, temporary role, with the possibility of extension and additional hours in 2022. If you would like to discuss this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
- Critically analyse patterns of enquiries and articulate the findings in reports and communication with the MP and other staff members.
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required.
- Draft responses to constituents.
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation.
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP.
- Establish, monitor and update a social media and online presence in the constituency. Produce online graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts etc.
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
Application Details: Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com, demonstrating why you would be suitable for the role.